Parenting just is not easy. No matter what anyone tells you. We know this. That’s why we want to help you.
Selah Counseling Services provides practical parenting classes and seminars especially designed and selected for our community. We support you in the parenting process (whether a parent, a step-parent or a grandparent) because we know you are on the frontline – loving and guiding your child into becoming a successful adult.
You are parenting our world’s future!
Outlined below are two classes we are currently providing:
- Parent Project, Sr. (Parents of children ages 13 to 18)
- Parent Project, Junior (Parents of children ages 5 to 12)
Parent Project, Sr.© (For children 13 to 18)
We offer The Parent Project© especially for parents of the teens of today. You will learn first how to connect to your 13 to 18 year old teen, even when it seems impossible. Secondly, you will learn skills to help prevent or bring your teen back from their self-destructive behaviors. This 10-week class is research based and need-based.
The Parent Project© is a balance of practical methods and education to help stay in relationship with our children-even when we are at our limit.
- Arguing and Family Conflict
- Poor School Performance
- Media Influences
- Early Teen Sexuality
- Teen Drug Use
- Teen Violence and Bullying
We have provided an easy method to sign up for our next class below. If you are serious about getting tools and support in parenting your teen, we would love to see you there. Space is truly limited. We keep the classes small so that we can protect each family’s privacy. Still have questions? Send us an email for more information or go to The Parent Project website.
- Our next class begins Tuesday – March 6th (10 weeks) – (6:30 to 9:00)
- Cost – $ 125 per parent or $200 per couple -That’s only $12.50 to $20 each class!
- For those parents who request it, we provide Dive 7 for 6 to 8 teens at the same time as the parenting class. Just click here to find out more about Dive 7. (We especially designed this page for teens to know what the group is about!)
(For children 5 to 12)
Loving Solutions is a 10 session parent-training program designed specifically for parents raising difficult younger children, ages 5-10 years. Also known as “Parent Project®, Jr.,” this program uses the same tools found successful in Parent Project® Sr., adapted to the needs of younger children.
You will walk away with knowing how to stay connected to your child while practicing the “ABC skills” (Appropriate – Brief – Consistent) that then lead to “D and E” (Delightful and Effective Parenting).
Sign up today to keep informed about our upcoming class schedule!
- Our next class will be announced as the need from the community requests – Thursday – 6:30 PM
- Cost – $125 per parent or $200 per couple
- During each parenting class – We will provide a Social Skills class for 6 children (5 – 10 years old)